Reducing your energy usage is the easiest way to save money on your electric bill. Our energy saving tips will show you how to cut your energy use while staying comfortable.
Click on the links above for more information.
Save energy and money as the weather cools down
- Don't block your radiators or heating vents with furniture or draperies. Keep your radiators, registers and baseboard heaters dirt and dust free.
- Have your heating system serviced and check to see if furnace filters need replacing.
- Weatherize your home by caulking and weather-stripping around doors and windows.
It’s chilly outside, but these energy-saving tips will keep you feeling warm and cozy.
- Close storm windows – Make sure storm windows are closed completely so no air leaks in or out.
- Weatherize your doors and windows – A few inexpensive tubes of caulk and rolls of weather-stripping can help reduce heating bills and increase comfort.
- Maintain or replace your heating system – Schedule yearly maintenance with a qualified contractor and replace furnace filters monthly or according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Close the chimney damper – For homes with fireplaces, it’s important to close the damper when not in use. This prevents cold air from entering the house through the chimney.